The Administrative Assistant will be required to perform an array of administrative duties including secretarial and receptionist duties. Additional responsibilities include taking minutes during Health and Safety meetings and scheduling appointments for all departmental managers. The Administrative Assistant is also accountable for drafting, reviewing and editing time-sensitive correspondence sent by the management team. Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
• Provide administrative support to all departmental members.
• Perform bookkeeping functions (Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable).
• Complete and review all expense reports, invoices, and other relevant monetary documents.
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
• Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
• Assist with month-end closing
• Review and prepare all documents, reports, and other correspondence materials for the management team.
• Oversee imports and exports of goods
• Courteously receive and screen all inbound calls, emails, and visitors.
• Coordinate departmental office activities.
• Review, evaluate and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Take and transcribe dictation notes and meeting minutes.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
• Assist with report and presentation preparation.
• Health and Safety Administration
• Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels and place orders as required.
• Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
• Secondary School Diploma required.
• Business Administration degree, bookkeeping or diploma an asset.
• Minimum 2 years experience as an Administrative Assistant, or relevant role, considered an asset.
• Proficient in English and basic knowledge of French
• Proficient use of various office-based software including Microsoft Office
• Friendly, outgoing, and excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as on a team
• Busy office setting.
• Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
• Interacts with the public
• Sitting for long periods.
• Repetitive work.
• Overtime may be required.
JOB PURPOSE: Operates welding equipment to weld ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
MIG, TIG, Flux Core, Stainless Steel.
Reads and interprets blueprints or welding process specifications.
Works with jigs and samples
Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as MIG, TIG, STICK, MAG, soldering, oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), and resistance welding
Operates manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
Operates cutting, brazing and soldering equipment.
Operates metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines.
Repairs worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
Assists with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering equipment.
Assists Brake and Plasma Operator when required.
Operates fork lift (licensed).
Operates air tools, electrical grinders.
Assists design office and Product Development Manager by making sketches, drawings, notes, etc.
Has no contra-indications to, lifting within safe lifting limits as legislated, and contact with cutting oils (SAE Standards and Health Standard Regulated).
Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
Accomplishes organizations goals by accepting ownership for completing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.